Behind its laconic design, Révolution is full of hidden symbols and subtext:
– Red, blue and white: The colors of the Soviet Navy. In 1917, a gunshot by cruiser “Aurora” gave the signal for the storm of the Winter Palace and marked the beginning of the October Revolution. And during the Civil War, many sailors served as commissars in many divisions of the Red Army.
– Layout: On Révolution, the colors are arranged in a semi-circle, whose angle is the same as the sickle on the flag of the USSR.
– Geometry: Simple, geometric forms were the trademark of the Russian avant-garde art. Painters such as Malevich, Lyubov Popova or Ivan Klyun were the first to completely let go of figurative art and dare complete abstraction.
– Strap: Black and red are not found by accident on almost every revolutionary propaganda. They represent respectively the workers and the blood shed in their struggle. They are also present on the uniform of the iconic Suvorov Military Academy, Russia’s foremost officer school.
– Font: For Révolution, we have picked a different font than the one we used on its sisters Arktika and Orion. This is a tribute to early soviet posters, where text was thought through as part of the composition.
We’re very proud to have managed to squeeze all this elements into such a minimalist composition. And most importantly, we believe they will make for a beautiful watch, one that will tell not only the time, but also many stories!
Case material: stainless steel
Strap material: leather, nylon
Sapphire crystal glass
Dimensions (mm): 41 x 37 x 8.4
Movement: Ronda 515.24H (quartz, Switzerland)
Warranty: 1 year