Newsletter French Beez – September 2018
INSIDE THE BEEZ
- WHAT HAPPEN IN THE HIVE THIS MONTH?
At the time of writing this newsletter, Constance and Angelique are now living on two different continents, 10 000 km are between them, the time difference is 6 hours in summer, 7 hours in winter and the temperature difference is only 14 degrees celsius at the moment. Different possibilities:
- Constance is in Dubai and Angelique in Tokyo
- Angelique is in Athens and Constance in Bali
- Constance is in Paris and Angelique in Hong Kong
The right answer is 3)
Far from discouraging us, this little distance between us are going to set up a new dynamic in our partnership. We are now a very modern team behaving almost like two geeks : skype, FaceTime, whatsapp, google drive, conf call….late at night or early in the morning…
With Constance moving back to France, we set ourselves a new challenge, focusing on French market and French people. At the beginning of the adventure, like perfect citizens of the world we’ve launched French Beez website in English. For us, it was obvious.
Us settling in France gives us the opportunity to get closer from our roots and the ones of our designers. Friends, family, customers, the network is already there. One of our big challenge will be the translation of our Market Place in French. You will need to be patient because yes it’s our mother tongue, but still it’s a huge piece to swallow! Meanwhile, we are going to welcome news designers who can’t wait to join us and offer you an even more larger choice of creative gifts for yourselves or your beloved.
LE BEEZ QUIZ
diFV-art was founded by a French artist, currently living in Hong Kong. It was during her third stay in Asia that Fabienne, her founder, had the idea of making a set of paintings inspired by Hong Kong’s life and culture and its environment .
Each painting has just been made once only in order to allow people to acquire or offer an original and unique object. Together with the collection of paintings come a set of related products: coasters, cabochon pendants, cabochon key rings …
All creations are handmade in the diFV-art workshop, in a constant search for originality, uniqueness and quality.
Good to know:
During the creation process, diFV-art aims to offer quality products, with also an environmental concern that is shown in the use of kraft packaging or in the eco-friendly paper greeting cards.
Your favorite gift?
A book about art
Your absolutely necessary item?
Your main inspiration source? Life, the reflection of light, the colors … I spend my time taking pictures of things that inspire me
Your major difficulty in your host country? Extend my network
Your first purchase after winning the Euromillions lottery? A shop workshop
Your hidden talent? It’s a secret
Do you have stucked in mind a question with no answer so far?…(probably this one!)
A sound, a noise that you can’t bear at all? sharp sounds
An inspiring place or city? Cambodia – Angkor
Another brand that you like on French Beez? Une fille en Chine
Fabienne, tell us about one product of your brand. What is the story behind this product? Why precisely this one ?
“I am in love with the stone, and with natural materials. I am a big fan of stone coasters so I have thoroughly observed the ones that are currently on the market to find how I can offer something equivalent, with a better quality in the image while mastering the process as much as possible.
The new diFV-art coasters are 100% made by myself in my small workshop.”
How to find your target on internet and everything you should know about the concept of Persona?
One simple fact : “if you talk to everybody, you talk to no one”
How can we define our marketing target then?
Thanks to the new technology, we can and we should describe our target more precisely. Say goodbye to the words target or target clients, we should now have someone precised in mind like a fictional caracter, that’s the concept of persona or buyer persona.
We should know everything about the persona:
- who is he/she?
- What’s his/her story? what are his/her doubts?
- What does he/she needs
- What are his/her values?
How to build you persona?
Knowing every day your customer even more to take his needs into consideration and thus communicating better with him, that’s how the concept of persona was born in the Silicon Valley.
For more accurate results, it’s better to rely on factual datas regarding your offer than your feelings. With time, your persona will have a face with more and more details.
To start with your picture, you will resort to google analytics or any other statistics software. These tools will allow you to define the gender and the age of your persona, his city and his hobbies. Beyond your sales analysis, you can also analyse your likes and engagements on your Facebook pages or on a particular posts or even on a newsletter. These will allow you to confirm a trend.
How to build a persona when your company is new?
In this case, here are some leads to follow:
- ask yourself about your customer profile: who is this product/service for? Why these type of person would be interested in your product?
- look at your competitors. Who are they targeting? What is the profile of their customers on social networks? Look at the reviews from people consuming your competitor services. Build the list of things that make them worry or stop the transaction and conclude the personality of your persona.
- look at the companies that are offering different product but with a similar environment and a dynamic close to yours. The way they communicate and the people who are sensitive to their communication will help you define a relevant target.
How to bring substance to your persona?
- by giving her a name and surname, a place to live, an age, a job, a family status
- by defining his personality: impulsive, conservative, non conformist, outgoing, shy…
- by fine tuning his hobbies and main interests, his education level,
- by pinning down his consuming habits and the places where he consumes as well as his favorite brands
- by checking where and who you can find him to communicate with him, on which social networks he spends time, which Facebook groups he belongs to, which press he reads, which TV channels he likes and which TV programs he watches.
- by giving him some values and core identity: loyalty to his friends, ecofriendly, close to his family…
- by focusing on our product and wondering what would be the strength that he would particularly appreciate and the weaknesses that he would reject.
With all these datas, you will be able to generate an ID card of your persona. It will help you to always keep him in mind in your strategy. Your persona must be at the heart of your project in order to have him follow you in you development and growth and consume your product.
How to communicate efficiently with your persona?
Because you know your persona very well (you even give her a name!), you can and you have to create a strong relationship with him. You will have to build a story with him on the different distribution points and communication media through social networks, blog, e-mailing campaigns, newsletters…Your commun references, your environment, your history and the way he feels about them will talk to him straightfully, generating a complicity thus fidelity and sales!
To conclude about targeting the right people for your business, here are some food for thoughts:
- Analyse: the behavior of your visitors (navigation and browsing on your website, e-mailing campaign opening rate, A/B tests) with an analytic approach.
- Picture your customer in his environment, his way to think and how he will react when you will launch a new product, or a new strategy or a post on Facebook…
- Listen to your customer with a receptive behaviour and by gathering information through blog comments, surveys, Q&A, social network interactions
And to go even more further, the more you go into your customer’s mind the better. What better way then implicating him in your business in a process co-creation?
Food for thought
« The thing about windows: you can let the beauty come inside and let your creative inspiration go out »
Outdoor furniture handcrafted from old wine barrels